Wrongful Death

Wrongful Death in Allen Parish

Who can pursue damages?

If another individual is at fault for the death of your loved one through negligence or intentional misconduct, you may be able to seek compensation. In Louisiana, a surviving spouse, child, parent, sibling, or grandparent can pursue damages for the death of their relative, depending on the survival of the others. Parents can pursue compensation, for example, only if the deceased person left no surviving spouse or children. With more than 35 years' experience, Hebert Holmes & Fontenot can help you pursue just compensation.

Damages Available for Wrongful Death Cases

Louisiana does not provide information on the type of damages family members can pursue, but they generally include loss of support, loss of society, grief and anguish of the beneficiaries. Based on your loved one's life expectancy and earnings, you may receive damages for loss of support. In wrongful death cases, the loss of companionship and the emotional pain of losing a loved one are determined by how close you were to your family member. You can also pursue pecuniary damages, medical experiences, and a burial allowance.

Why Choose Hebert Holmes & Fontenot?

  • Commitment to Comprehensive Legal Support
    At Hebert, Holmes & Fontenot, we offer a diversified practice to address all your legal needs in Southwest Louisiana, ensuring that no matter the issue, we have the expertise to assist you.
  • Cost-Effective Solutions

    We prioritize delivering cost-effective results that meet our clients' needs, offering tailored estate planning solutions and legal assistance to protect their families and assets effectively.

  • Community Engagement and Involvement
    We maintain strong ties to the community by actively participating in governmental and local organizations, including holding positions such as city attorney, magistrate, and prosecutor, demonstrating our commitment to serving the needs of Southwest Louisiana.

Contact Hebert Holmes & Fontenot

If you believe your loved one's death was the fault of another individual, you should consider seeking the compensation you deserve. You only have one year to file a wrongful death claim in the state of Louisiana, and we can assist you in Kinder, Allen Parish, and Southwest Louisiana. Our Allen Parish wrongful death attorneys have more than 100 years of combined experience, and we are prepared to help you today. Each client's case is different, and we can help you by personally listening to your needs and goals for the future.

To learn more about your legal options, contact Hebert Holmes & Fontenottoday!

Continue Reading Read Less
With Over 100 Years’ Combined Experience, Our Firm Can Defend You!

Contact Us Today

We’re Ready to Help
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy